From "The Nine Branch Libraries of the Public Library of Newark, N. J." by Eleanor Shane & John Cotton Dana, 1930
The Weequahic Branch of the Newark Public Library was opened in May 1929 at a cost of $77,000, exclusive of the book collection. It is a two story red brick building of modified Georgian architecture, similar to the Vailsburg Branch.
The first floor houses the Adult Room & a staff work room and the second has a Children's Room with a staff rest room and kitchenette. Picture from the Art Department of the Main Library are in all the rooms with posters and seasonal pictures added from time to time.
|Copyright 1998 - 2017 Glenn G. Geisheimer|