Salaam Temple to Build on a High Street Corner - September 12, 1915 - Newspaper Article
The association that built the Mosque Theatre was known as the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine. The building served as their Mosque and Auditorium. The opening was held on October 3, 1925 with a parade on Broad Street, followed by a Buffet Dinner and then the Ceremonial Opening.
Nowadays they are known as the Shriners International. Their charitable arm is the Shriners Hospitals for Children that has a network of 22 hospitals.
|Copyright 1998 - 2021 Glenn G. Geisheimer|