|Buildings & Areas|
From "Newark, the City of Industry" Published by the Newark Board of Trade 1912:
As the home of the First Regiment, the largest military organization in the state, Newark has that command's armory. This is a massive looking red brick structure, covering almost an entire square block, and in it military receptions, drills, fairs and other attractions frequently draw thousands of visitors. The Newark Industrial Exposition, held under the auspices of the Board of Trade, held a very successful exhibit in this building, for one week, in May 1913. The exhibits were manufactures displaying Newark-made products. This was not only a success financially but also from an educational standpoint.
April 28, 1912 - President Taft Pleased With His Newark Meeting
|Copyright 1998 - 2021 Glenn G. Geisheimer|